Back to the Past, but with a different Flavor
Perhaps you have shopped at one of the many Local Farmers markets that are springing up all over America.
Local produced food is becoming more and more a part of Americans dinner table.
- It supports local farm jobs in your community
- It keeps more of your money in your community, producing more prosperity
- It costs less due to savings in shipping costs
- It is fresher and therefore generally healthier
- It has benefits for persons with airborne allergies
- It assures a certain local food supply, not dependent on foreign sources
To find a Local Food Market in your neighborhood you can start with this USDA website:
Also just ask around, as not all local markets are listed on websites.
Here is the most current news on the Veggie Booty salmonella poisoning:
- A report has been issued by Robert's American Gourmet, Inc stating that a food flavoring imported from Communist CHINA was the source of a rare strain of salmonella.
- The Good News: so far none of the poisoned children have died.
The Food Labeling law that was passed by Congress needs to be expanded and ENFORCED!
I personally want to know the country of origin for every single ingredient in any food I buy.
The idea of We the People not having the ability to know where a food is coming from, is repugnant to the concept of Liberty.
Who benefits by the forced concealment of the origin of our daily bread? Persons who have no love for you or your children and care less about your health and the future of the USA.
This is not just my opinion, it is my experience.
Do you realize that those persons could care less if all American farmers went bankrupt and all our food was supplied by foreign countries? Is that what you want?
What will you eat, if someday in the future, there is a dearth in the lands that are the major food suppliers to America?
What will you eat, if someday in the future, in time of conflict and war, the major food suppliers cut off all food shipments to the USA,just as the Arabs have done with oil imports in the past?
Did you know that the American Garlic farmers have literally been run out of business?
That what was previously known as the Garlic Capital of the world, Gilroy California, has been seen most of its Garlic growers financially ruined by imports from ,are you ready,communist China and Mexico.
In the early 1990s communist China was found to be selling garlic to the U.S.at below cost. Communist China was slapped with a hefty tariff, which kept the US garlic farmers solvent for a few years. But since 2001, imports of Chinese garlic have multiplied 15-fold, while California garlic production has shrunk.
This is called economic warfare.
I suggest you make the time to Contact your State and Federal Congressmen and Senators.
- Tell them you want to expand and enforce The Food Labeling and Country of Origin laws, both at the state and federal levels.
- Tell them you want Import tariffs placed on all food imports into this country that compete with or have previously destroyed American produced farm products,in order to support, protect and promote American Agriculture.
Think,if you eat this involves you.
If you don’t know who your representatives are, you can call your local Elections department and they can tell you who they are, or you can search the Internet for your State government’s Congressional website.
By entering your Zip plus 4 Code you can find your US Representatives at this website:
If you don't know your Zip code plus 4 Digit Code, you can get it by entering your street address at this website:
Here is the phone number for the US Congress switchboard:
Just ask for your Representative by Name and State.
I recommend following up your phone call by a written letter and or email.